Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Superman Syndrome

Sometimes we think more highly of ourselves that we ought. It's kind of a superman syndrome. We think we can scale tall demands in a single bound! What would happen if we accepted our limitations? What if limitations are there to protect us, not to limit us? What would happen if we said, "no". I don't think it can be reasonably done in that amount of time? What if we slowed down?

I'm not sure what step this should be in the process but somewhere in there a step in the process is, "just say, "NO!"' I keep thinking that I can add one more thing onto the pile of things I have to do today. I make a list of what I need to do in a day, cut it in half and make it too and than start adding addendums. Good grief! I can't do everything, well I think I can... but do I want to?

I think it is hard to teach people around me that I have limitations. These are people who have become accustomed to me doing more than I have the energy for. I have taught them to expect me to perform at a certain, insane level of proficiency. Arg! How do I get off this train?

No comments:

Post a Comment